Yesterday’s post covered gray as a huge color in fashion, beauty and interior design for the fall. It also used my new favorite phrase “greige”. Visit the post here.
Trend alert: Gray-Day 2
“Gray is the color of intellect, knowledge, and wisdom. It is perceived as long-lasting, classic, and often as sleek or refined. It is a color that is dignified, conservative, and carries authority. Gray is controlled and inconspicuous and is considered a color of compromise, perhaps because it sits between the extremes of black and white. Gray is a perfect neutral, which is why designers often use it as a background color.” (Exerpt from sensationalcolor.com)
“Better gray than garishness.” — Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres
“If I see everything in gray, and in gray all the colors which I experience and which I would like to reproduce, then why should I use any other color? I’ve tried doing so, for it was never my intention to paint only with gray. But in the course of my work I have eliminated one color after another, and what has remained is gray, gray, gray!” — Alberto Giacomettii
More inspiring gray interiors and accessories on the slate for tomorrow!
- Gridded Modular Eco Home in the Hills Outside Sao Paulo (inhabitat.com)
- The Use of Content and Design Across Platforms (designjuices.co.uk)
- Inhabitat’s Favorite Green Products from Neocon 2010 (inhabitat.com)
- Art Institute of Chicago: Experience Rare Masterworks from Seven Centuries of Art: in The Gray Collection to Open September 2010 at the AIC. (chicagonow.com)
- Get Over Your Color Fears Color Choices from Designer Jerri Kunz (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Shade of Gray to Complement New Bedroom Decor? Good Questions (apartmenttherapy.com)
- chanel goes gray, pink and violet for fall makeup 2010
- Relaxing Color Palettes for Bedrooms (bedroom-decor.suite101.com)
- Fall 2010 Nail Polish Trend: Gray Is The New Neutral (stylelist.com)
- Classic Gray Paint: Coastal Fog by Benjamin Moore ColorTherapy (apartmenttherapy.com)