Food, Wine & Co-Bethesda, MD
Fabrizia Hawes, of Barbara Hawthorn Interiors, alerted us to this fantastic article written in Bethesda Magazine about the opening of new restaurant Food, Wine & Co in Bethesda, Maryland (a recently completed project!). The design featured, among other beautiful specifications, 46 Lorts barstools used in the comfortable and intimate bar area.
Birth of a Restaurant
It involves a long labor and a lot of pain. Just ask Francis Namin, whose Food, Wine & Co. was welcomed into Bethesda in September
By Carole Sugarman
Nov. 17, 2009: Just a thought
“You have to be crazy to open a restaurant,” says Francis Namin, who’s about to embark on a yearlong ordeal doing just that.
November/December Issue 2010—On this particular day, Food, Wine & Co. is just a name, a nascent idea in the restaurateur’s soon-to-be overloaded head. A clever, energetic, impulsive man, Namin seems to thrive on challenges. And during the next year, as he turns 47, he’ll encounter plenty of them: He’ll deal with endless construction problems; go $500,000 over budget; revise his initial food, wine and décor concepts; lose one of two silent partners; butt heads with his decorator; and part ways with a crucial kitchen staffer a week after the restaurant opens.
Food, Wine & Co., the bistro that will replace Uno Chicago Grill at 7272 Wisconsin Ave. in Bethesda, is Namin’s biggest project to date. Read more.
Visit the Food, Wine & Co website here.
Read about Barbara Hawthorn Interiors here.
- Zaca Mesa wine dinner at Lake Ridge (timesunion.com)
- Design Tips for Graphic Design: Interior Signage Examples (brighthub.com)
- Prettified Padlocks – Decorative Interior Design Locks Bring Abstract Beauty to Safety (trendhunter.com)
- MOTHER KNOWS BEST… OR DOES SHE? In a Modern World of Mommy Mayhem, the One She Could Use Most May Be an Interior Designer! (chicagonow.com)
- Interior Illusions Store Profile (apartmenttherapy.com)
- The Italian Kitchen – Neviglie, Piedmont, Italy (travelpod.com)
- Benjamin’s Finely-Feathered New York Nest House Tour (apartmenttherapy.com)