Pantone has just announced their pick for the 2011 Color of the Year: Honeysuckle.
“A Color for All Seasons. Courageous. Confident. Vital. A brave new color, for a brave new world. Let the bold spirit of Honeysuckle infuse you, lift you and carry you through the year. It’s a color for every day – with nothing “everyday” about it. While the 2010 color of the year, PANTONE 15-5519 Turquoise, served as an escape for many, Honeysuckle emboldens us to face everyday troubles with verve and vigor. A dynamic reddish pink, Honeysuckle is encouraging and uplifting. It elevates our psyche beyond escape, instilling the confidence, courage and spirit to meet the exhaustive challenges that have become part of everyday life.
“In times of stress, we need something to lift our spirits. Honeysuckle is a captivating, stimulating color that gets the adrenaline going – perfect to ward off the blues,” explains Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “Honeysuckle derives its positive qualities from a powerful bond to its mother color red, the most physical, viscerally alive hue in the spectrum.”
Eiseman continues, “The intensity of this festive reddish pink allures and engages. In fact, this color, not the sweet fragrance of the flower blossoms for which it was named, is what attracts hummingbirds to nectar. Honeysuckle may also bring a wave of nostalgia for its associated delicious scent reminiscent of the carefree days of spring and summer.”
Honeysuckle is guaranteed to produce a healthy glow when worn by both men and women. It’s a striking, eye-catching hue that works well for day and night in women’s apparel, accessories and cosmetics, and in men’s ties, shirts and sportswear. Add a lively flair to interior spaces with Honeysuckle patterned pillows, bedspreads, small appliances and tabletop accessories. Looking for an inexpensive way to perk up your home? Paint a wall in Honeysuckle for a dynamic burst of energy in the family room, kitchen or hallway.” Read more from the Pantone website here.
We did a fun blog post in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Think Pink with Lorts, that featured this fresh hue in many different iterations.
Blogger Andrea Verone at All The Trappings did a great post about how she would incorporate such an intense color into interior spaces, including this crisp, bold, tailored concept. Read her full post here.
- Pantone Names Honeysuckle Color of the Year (thegloss.com)
- “Pantone Color Of 2011 Is Honeysuckle Pink” and related posts (charlesandhudson.com)
- Pantone’s Color of the Year for 2011: Honeysuckle (apartmenttherapy.com)
- PANTONE 2011 Color of the Year: Honeysuckle (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Honeysuckle Named Pantone’s Color Of 2011 (huffingtonpost.com)
- 2011’s Hot Hue: Reddish-Pink (abcnews.go.com)
- Pantone’s 2011 Color of the Year was hot in 1944 too. (leberpr.com)
- Honeysuckle Chosen As Pantone 2011 Color (luxist.com)
- Pantone names “Honeysuckle” pink as hot hue for 2011 (blogs.consumerreports.org)