To kick off a spirited, creative and prosperous 2011, we present a week of anticipated color trends from experts across the interior design world. Read our previous post on Pantone‘s 2011 Color of the Year: Honeysuckle here and check back throughout the week for more trends in home decor for 2011.
Home Color Trends 2011: Day 1 – ‘Purple Predicted’
Benjamin Moore, paint producers and color experts, have predicted a rich, bold, restful color scheme grounded with earthy hues of purple for the new year.
“From deep smoky wine to pumped up fuchsia, color experts at Benjamin Moore see purple as a predominant color in home decor in 2011. The company’s Envision Color 2011 booklet illustrates the hue predictions and outlines the forecasted palette of 18 colors.
‘One purple to watch for in 2011 is Benjamin Moore’s Vintage Wine 2116-20,’ said Sonu Mathew, ASID, the company’s senior interior designer. ‘It is an anchoring and rich hue with a deep brown base and a hint of smoky violet. Vintage Wine (pictured above) is the perfect foil for the latest wood finishes, leathers, linens and other textiles.’
Another best bet is the company’s Royal Flush 2076-20, a berry tone that is grounded when combined with neutrals or grays, yet can still be paired with other brights for an exotic feel. Mathew also noted there’s a range of pale yet power-statement colors, such as Smoke 2122-40. ‘It is a subtle blue gray that is best described as an update of spa blue with an injection of sophisticated and seasoned gray,’ she said.” Read more from Benjamin Moore here.
The purple hues are featured in ‘Soulful’, one of three palettes developed by Benjamin Moore for 2011. Tune in tomorrow for their other two 2011 palettes-‘Spirited’ and ‘Dreamy’.
- Incorporating Pantone’s 2011 Color of the Year into home decor (lorts.wordpress.com)
- PANTONE 2011 Color of the Year: Honeysuckle (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Making Friends: Chris Jovanelly Interior Design (lorts.wordpress.com)
- The New Hue for 2011 (online.wsj.com)
- “Color of the Year!” and related posts (houseofturquoise.com)
- The Christy Dillard Collection: Preview is less than a month away! (lorts.wordpress.com)
- Color trends for 2011 (drewsmarketingminute.com)
- Using the Color Yellow Successfully in Trendy Home Decor (interiordecorating.suite101.com)
- Purple and Brown are Heating Up Interior Design Motifs (interiordecorating.suite101.com)
- Color Forecast 2011: “Purely Refined” Color Scheme (lorts.wordpress.com)