Happy New Year from Lorts! To kick off a spirited, creative and prosperous 2011, we present a week of anticipated color trends from experts across the interior design world. Read yesterday’s post Home Color Trends 2011: Day 1 – ‘Purple Predicted’ and check back throughout the week for more trends in home decor for 2011.
Home Color Trends 2011: Day 2 – ‘Spirited’ and ‘Dreamy’
Yesterday we reviewed the first of paint and color company Benjamin Moore’s themes for 2011 interior color, ‘bold’, as well as their color of the year Vintage Wine. (That earthy purple was a hit with designers and design-enthusiastic home owners alike!) Today we look at two other themes from Benjamin Moore: spirited and dreamy.
The antidote to stress is anything that makes you feel happy, joyful, playful. Striking that emotional balance can be a challenge. In fashion and furnishings it’s reflected in spirited designs featuring geometrics, stripes and cubes, dots and curlicues, studded or stitched outlines of shapes and silhouettes. Riotous colours are juxtaposed with lots of gray, black and white.”
Reality can be harsh and is best countered by a dreamy odyssey where wishes are nurtured. Translated into a design perspective, that means transparent and sheer materials, blurred decorative details and softened textures. As for the colour palette, imagine Benjamin Moore hues that are pale, frosted and opalescent, such as Gray Mirage 2142-50, Genesis White 2134-70, Porcelain 2113-60, Etiquette AF-50, Kendall Charcoal HC-166 and Smoke.” Read more from Benjamin Moore here.
- PANTONE’s 2011 Color of the Year (design-milk.com)
- Pantone’s 2011 Color of the Year: Honeysuckle (lorts.wordpress.com)
- Home Color Trends 2011: Day 1 – Purple Predicted (lorts.wordpress.com)
- How to Make Paper Mache Ornaments (csahm.com)
- Hollywood Bar in Larnaka (lostateminor.com)
- Colour My World (thedigitalconsultant.wordpress.com)
- The New Hue for 2011 (online.wsj.com)
- Making Friends: Chris Jovanelly Interior Design (lorts.wordpress.com)
- Online Interior Design Firms – Employing Services Of Design Firms (home-interiors.suite101.com)
- Natural Living: The Latest Home Design Trends For Autumn And Winter (prweb.com)
- 6 Hot, New Color Trends For Spring 2011 Fashion (hellobeautiful.com)