Happy New Year from Lorts! To kick off a spirited, creative and prosperous 2011, we present anticipated color and design trends from experts across the interior design world. Read our first two posts in the series: Home Color Trends 2011: Day 2 – ‘Spirited’ and ‘Dreamy’ and Home Color Trends 2011: Day 1 – ’Purple Predicted’ and check back in the coming weeks for more trends in home decor for 2011.
What better way to survive a long, chilly winter and add a splash of optimism to design for 2011 than bright, clear citrus hues? Fashion runways (long awknowledged to be the starting point for home color trends) have featured different iterations of this color in collections for both Spring and Fall and we’re thrilled to see it spilling over into interiors. If entire rooms of this energizing hue are too much for your design sensibilities, citrus is also appropriate as a fun, surprising pop of color in an otherwise neutral space. Read blogger Kiki Titterud’s take on the trend at Sensational Color for Your Home.
Special Announcement To the Trade: For those of you who specify or sell Lorts, be sure to call your Lorts Account Manager for a special program new for you in 2011….
- Incorporating Pantone’s 2011 Color of the Year into home decor (lorts.wordpress.com)
- Nan and Michael’s Craftsman Flat House Tour (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Cozy, Warm & Inviting Homes: Best of 2010 (apartmenttherapy.com)
- DIY Decorations and Home Design for the Holidays: On The Couch With Apartment Therapy (blisstree.com)
- Home Decor Tips: On The Couch With Apartment Therapy (blisstree.com)
- Home Color Trends 2011: Day 2 – ‘Spirited’ and ‘Dreamy’ (lorts.wordpress.com)
- Dwelling: 1980s Interior Design Sticks it to Shoulder Pads and Leg Warmers (curbed.com)
- Visit Jordan Spencer Atlanta during Gift Market (lorts.wordpress.com)
- Cinema Style: A Blog About Design and Movies (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Trendwatch: High Point Market: The trend report from October’s High… (curbed.com)