OIL PORTRAITS AND THE BUSINESS OF ART
Join Jordan Spencer – Atlanta for an ASID Lunch & Learn
January 26 12pm
ADAC, Suite 323
RSVP email@example.com or 404.846.8041
IDCEC approved as a 0.1 CEU credit for ASID designers
Learn what makes great paintings great and what elements to look for when evaluating art. Get refreshed on how to specify a portrait and why designers are best suited to advise clients on art.
Think College Art 101. This course chronicles the history of Oil Portraits. Designers discover the dominant influence of Oil Portraiture in the development of Western Art and the evolution of the art market. We journey through the major art movements (Renaissance, Baroque, Impressionism) defining the art theory, identifying the major artists (Velazquez, Rembrandt, Sargent) and analyzing important works of each period. What a surprise to find that these great paintings are portraits!
Art Gallery Originals, www.ArtGO.us, based in Winston-Salem, NC, offers fine art at affordable prices through interior design professionals. Our portfolio includes Children’s Oil Portraits, Executive Oil Portraits, Pet Portraits and Custom-Designed Oil Paintings. We represent some of the top international portrait artists.
- Join us at our Winter Markets to see the latest from Lorts (lorts.wordpress.com)
- Humanimal Image Compilations – These Alex Castro Animal Portraits are Freaky (GALLERY) (trendhunter.com)
- House Beautiful Design Institute-Atlanta event (lorts.wordpress.com)
- Stately Organic Down In Atlanta (leberpr.com)
- Suzanne Kasler’s “Inspired Interiors” (fetch.taigan.com)
- HGTV Is Now Casting Designers for DesignStar (chictip.com)
- The Christy Dillard Collection: Preview is less than a month away! (lorts.wordpress.com)
- Home Color Trends 2011: Day 1 – Purple Predicted (lorts.wordpress.com)